- All hosts in the cluster must be in the vSphere Distributed Switch that is being leveraged by NSX.
- VMware vSphere Update Manager™ must be disabled before preparing clusters for network virtualization.
To prepare a vSphere cluster for network virtualization:
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client and click Networking & Security.
- Select Installation under the Networking & Security section and select the Host Preparation tab.
- Select the cluster you want to prepare for NSX:
- In the Installation Status column, click Install.
- Click OK to continue.
The Installation Status column will display In Progress for each member of the cluster.
- After the Host Preparation installation has finished, the Installation Status and Firewall columns display a green checkmark, as well as the NSX version number.
If the Installation Status column contains a red warning icon displaying Not Ready, click Resolve. Clicking Resolve might result in a reboot of the host. If the installation is still not successful, click the warning icon to display all errors. Take the required action and click Resolve again.
Happy Learning 🙂