A logical switch reproduces Layer 2 and Layer 3 functionality (unicast, multicast, or broadcast) in a virtual environment completely decoupled from underlying hardware.
- Select Logical Switches under the Networking & Security section.
- Click the green + icon to add a new logical switch.
- In the New Logical Switch dialog box:
- Enter the logical switch name in the Name text box.
- Enter a description in the Description text box. For ease of use, add the subnet that will be used within this logical switch.
- In the Transport Zone selection box, click Change to choose the appropriate transport zone.
- Leave the Replication Mode option, or select a new one if you want to overlap the transport zone replication mode. By default, the logical switch inherits the control plane mode from the transport zone.
- Select the Enable IP Discovery check box to enable ARP suppression. This minimizes ARP flooding within individual VXLAN segments.
- Select the Enable MAC Learning check box to avoid possible traffic loss during VMware vSphere vMotion.
- Click OK.
Happy Learning 🙂
In My Previous post , i have demonstrated that how can we create LS using API , for details please check this Post