Friends , this get a bit delayed as i was busy with other commitments , here comes the next part…
You must log in to the NSX Manager virtual appliance to register vCenter Server and review the settings specified during installation.
Prerequisites to Configure –
- The NSX management service must be running.
- You must have a vCenter Server user account with administrative access to synchronize NSX Manager with the vCenter Server.
- If your vCenter password has non-ASCII characters, you must change it before synchronizing the NSX Manager with the vCenter Server.
- FTPS (or FTP) server available.
- To use the VMware vCenter Single Sign-On™ service on NSX Manager, you must have vCenter Server 5.5 or later and the vCenter Single Sign-On service must be installed on vCenter Server. Note that this is for embedded single sign-on (SSO). Your deployment might use an external centralized SSO server based on Active Directory.
1 – Connect to the NSX Manager using DNS/IP address of NSX manager appliance.
The default user name is admin. The password was set during the deployment of the NSX Manager OVA.
2 – In the NSX Manager main screen, select View Summary and verify that the following services are running:
- VMware vFabric® Postgres
- Pivotal RabbitMQ
- NSX Management Service
3 – From the NSX Manager main screen, select Manage Appliance Settings > Settings > General. In the Time Settings section, verify that the NTP server entries are correct.
4 – In the Syslog Server section, click Edit, enter the appropriate Syslog server settings and click OK.
5 – In Components > NSX Management Service, in the vCenter Server section, click Edit to connect NSX Manager to vCenter Server.
In the vCenter Server dialog box:
- Enter the vCenter Server FQDN in the vCenter Server text box.
- Enter the vCenter user name in the vCenter User Name text box.
- Enter the password for the vCenter user in the Password text box.
- Click OK.
6 – In the Trust Certificate dialog box:
- Click Yes to proceed with the SSL certificate.
- After a short period, verify that the vCenter Server status displays Connected.
7 – In Components > NSX Management Service, in the Lookup Service section, click Edit to connect to the SSO Server.
In the Lookup Service dialog box, enter the appropriate values:
- Enter the IP address of the SSO server in the Lookup Service IP text box.
- Enter 7444 in the Lookup Service Port text box
- NOTE – use port 443 for vSphere 6 VMware Platform Services Controller™.
- Enter the user name for the SSO Administrator in the SSO Administrator User Name text box.
- Enter the password for the SSO Administrator in the Password text box.
- Click OK.
8 – In the Trust Certificate? dialog box:
- Click Yes to proceed with the SSL Certificate.
After a short period, verify that the Lookup Service status displays Connected.
Now with all above steps , NSX Manager is integrated with vCenter. now lets move ahead with deployment of Controllers , Happy Learning 🙂