Here comes the NSX Manager deployment Pre-requisite and Procedure…
- You must be assigned the Enterprise Administrator or NSX for vSphere administrator role.
- Verify that a datastore is configured and accessible on the target ESXi host. Shared storage is recommended.
- The resource requirements are:
- 4 vCPUs
- 16 GB of memory (16 GB are reserved)
- 60 GB of disk space
- As a general guideline, if the NSX managed environment contains more than 256 hypervisors, VMware recommends to increase NSX Manager resources to 8 vCPU and 24GB of RAM.
- Decide whether the NSX Manager will have IPv4 addressing only, IPv6 addressing only, or dual-stack network configuration. The host name of the NSX Manager will be used by other entities. Therefore, the NSX Manager host name must be mapped to the right IP address in the DNS servers used in the network.
- Make sure that you know the IP address and gateway, DNS server IP addresses, domain search list, and the NTP server IP address that the NSX Manager will use.
- The NSX Manager management interface, vCenter Server, and ESXi hosts must be reachable by all future VMware NSX Edge™ and NSX Guest Introspection instances.
Deploy NSX Manager
1. Download the NSX for vSphere 6.2 OVA file from the VMware Web site.
2. To deploy the OVA file:
a. Connect to the VMware vSphere Web Client.
b. Select the vCenter Server on which to deploy the appliance.
c. Select Actions and select Deploy OVF template.
3. In the Select source dialog box:
a. Choose Local File, click Browse and select the OVA file.
b. Click Next.
4. In the Review details dialog box, select the Accept extra configuration options check box and click Next.
5. In the Accept EULAs dialog, click Accept and click Next.
6. In the Select name and folder dialog box:
a. Enter the name for the NSX Manager appliance.
b. Select a folder or data center on which to deploy the virtual machine and click Next.
c. Select the appropriate host and cluster for deployment.
7. In the Select storage dialog box:
a. Select the destination datastore for the appliance and click Next.
b. (Optional) Select a VM Storage Policy if necessary.
8. In the Setup network dialog box, select the port group for the appliance and click Next.
9. In the Customer template dialog box:
a. Enter the CLI administrator user and privilege passwords.
b. Enter the Network properties.
c. Enter the DNS settings.
d. Enter the Services Configuration.
e. Click Next.
10. In the Ready to complete dialog box:
a. Review the configuration.
b. Select the Power on after deployment check box and click Finish.
In the Next part i will be covering NSX Manager Configuration….
Happy Learning 🙂